BreadcrumbsHome > Environmental Policies
Animal Testing and Environmental Policy
All products offered through the Katharine Botanicals website are suitable for vegetarians and vegans. All our ethical and environmental standards are strictly adhered to.
Items are always selected for their quality and animal/environmentally friendly features.
Katharine Botanicals products have been formulated with a number of principles in mind:
- Katharine Botanicals rejects animal testing as unnecessary and unacceptable. No finished product is tested on animals. We use ingredients whose safety is well established and the finished products are tested on human volunteers.
- Katharine Botanicals products contain no parabens whatsoever.
- Katharine Botanicals products contain no sodium lauryl sulphate.
- Written details are obtained of the history and provenance of every ingredient used.
- All products are suitable for vegetarians and vegans, containing no animal derived ingredients whatsoever.
- Products are made from quality raw materials. Plant oils and extracts are fully utilised and only natural plant colourings are included. We use no mineral oils or petrochemical based detergents.
- Ingredients are selected with great care, avoiding those which commonly cause allergies or other problems for sensitive skins.
- All products are biodegradable and contain nothing that is harmful to the environment.
- We try our best to ensure the source of raw materials does not exploit or adversely affect the environment or its people.
- Products are marketed without unrealistic claims of emotional or physical benefit.
- All bottles are recyclable. Our 200ml bottles are made from HDPE.
- Dr H Young